Practical Information about Sao Paulo
General travel information
- Temperature: The average temperature is about 28 ° C throughout the year.
- Currency: Real (BRR). Banks are closed on weekends. Major credit cards are accepted and there are ATMs everywhere.
- Language: The official language is Brazilian Portuguese, in tourist areas English is spoken.
- Required travel documents: modify rules for travel documents and visas regularly and conditions may apply. is a destination the necessary and timely information on the visa service site.
Health related data (obligatory) vaccinations are constantly changing. Current information can be found on the site National Coordination Centre for Travel Advice. You can also contact the Health Department or your GP.
- Local Time: Local time is GMT -2.
- Communication: The international dialing number for Sao Paulo is +55. Internet cafes can be found through Sao Paulo, and most hotels in Sao Paulo have internet access in their rooms.
- Electricity: Electrical current is 230 volts, 50Hz. The most common plug type is the round two pin plug. They can vary in size at times when traveling to small villages and towns.
- Emergency numbers: